Monday, April 5, 2010

Inner Works artist Veronica Funk.


Today's post presents the work of artist Veronica Funk. These are the pages Veronica did in my book "Gifts from the Sea" part of Inner Works, a round robin altered book collaboration.


Veronica is a wonderful artist, and a fellow Canadian. Her work is very colorful yet her interior scenes depict quiet places where one can curl up with a good book and read and relax for hours. Her landscapes are vivid and capture the Canadian landscape beautifully. And I really like her still lifes and animals. Please visit Veronica's website, Etsy shop, and blog and flickr.


In my book Veronica made use of cool watery colors and lots of words and text. She captured the essence of the author Anne Morrow Lindbergh and also the feeling of water. I really like the use of this fish image because it's been taken from the original book that I used, altered slightly and put back onto the page. Well done.


Watercolor is a medium that's particularly suited to my book's theme and Veronica has used it well, don't you think??


Thanks Veronica for the beautiful work that you added to my book. It was a great pleasure working with you and all the talented artists of the Inner Works group.