Friday, April 2, 2010

DIY Before and After


Here is my kitchen before. All white and boring. I've been wanting to do something with our back splash for the longest time. Ideally, I'd love to install a beautiful glass back splash but as we're renting I wanted an easy (and fast) solution, so I decided to paint. Nothing says spring to me like a good DIY.

Here is my kitchen after. I chose this bright fresh shade of lime green. As it turns out bright lime green (Pantone 14-0244) is my color according to Colorstrology by Pantone. Want to know what color your birthday is? Click here.

I'm very happy with how it looks now and it only took a couple of hours to do. And an added bonus, I got the paint at a great discount as it was a mis-tint. My local paint store always marks down their cans of mis-tints and even organizes them by type and color. It's a great way to pick up some quality paint at a great price for your craft or DIY projects. Now, I'm going to sit and enjoy my new kitchen. Hmmmmmm, this color is making me crave a margarita.

Do you have any DIY's your going to tackle this spring??