Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Time to Fly

In keeping with my bird series may I present "Time to Fly". This is a painting in acrylic on a 6x6 canvas. It will be available along with the other smalls in the series (along with my mini Birches and Roads at Art Interiors. The 15th annual Festival of Smalls begins November 15th. here.

"Time to Fly" is exactly how I feel this morning. History was made last night and I'm very happy for the U.S. and for the world. It's a new day and its time to fly!!!! Work is breezy and easy this morning and I've been buzzing in the studio since dawn. I've really been concentrating on my mixed media paintings these past few days. Papers of all sizes and colors are spilling out into our living area and our dining room table can't be seen anymore from the stacks of papers, photocopies, books and ephemera strewn about. The floor is covered with papers and canvases in different stages of drying. Oh happy chaos. As I work on so many pieces at the same time it's all in disarray at the moment but they're coming together nicely and I hope to show you some new mixed media work very soon. I'm hoping to post a sneak peak here by Friday.