Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Beautiful Purchase.


It's been a busy week so far but not for making art. I've been taking care of a long list of things that have to be taken care of during this last official week of summer. As well, I've been helping one get ready to go back to school next week. So the art making has been put on hold for a short while. I'll be back at it 100% after this long weekend.

I did have a delightful surprise in the post today. A parcel from my virtual friend Supria had arrived. I was checking out her blog last week and noticed that she had listed more items in her Etsy shop. New limited edition print art greeting cards. I spotted "B Still" and I new I just had to get one for myself. The card is a beautiful print of her original mixed media encaustic piece and I have just the perfect frame and spot for it in my home. I'm hoping that I'll have a chance to get out to the Elora-Fergus Studio Tour this fall to finally meet my fellow blogging artist and see her beautiful encaustic paintings in person. Thank you Supria.

Tha above painting is "Mocha Latte" a 12 x12, acrylic on paper. Just a fun piece that I completed not too long ago.