Friday, February 21, 2014

My Cityline Dream Comes True.

I was down at City TV studios yesterday to see a taping of Cityline. It's kind of the icing on the cake that they taped this home day show (which airs my segement) on the 30th anniversary of Cityline. I've watched this show from the beginning and it's become a part of my life. If you'd like to catch up on my Cityline adventure you can read this post. The show has aired. You can see the episodes here.





This process began a year ago when I connected with Sharon Grech through Twitter. She was doing a color talk for Benjamin Moore that I wanted to attend. I mentioned that I'd be at her presentation and would like to introduce myself afterwards. And so I did. We had a nice chat and I boldly told her my idea for a Cityline segment.

My paintings had been used as props on Cityline before, and I even got a very special mention (see this post).  I was especially excited to see them included in two house tours with Sharon, as well as in the Benjamin Moore Colour Trends brochure, twice. As far as coincidences go this was a BIG coincidence.



Sharon liked my idea and thought it would work nicely. An artist that lives and works in the same space and would like to have clients in to view/purchase the art, but the space is in a constant chaotic mess. The art not displayed (in fact not on even hung on the walls). Walls painted with a harsh cold white paint that made the whole area too stark and cold.

She helped me choose paint colors for the wall and got me excited about hanging my art. It was alot of work but well worth the effort. Now I won't be embarrassed any more when clients come in to consult for commissioned work or to purchase my art.



So here we are almost a full year later and (my) design segment is finished. This has been a dream (goal) of mine for years. As a loyal viewer of  Cityline  I just knew that one day my art (and in this case myself) would be included. I am so thankful and grateful that this dream is now complete. Special thanks to Sharon, Fiona, Diane, and all the behind the scenes crew involved. I'm popping the champagne and celebrating for a bit and then I'll be back to work at my easel.