Friday, June 17, 2011

Art and the Common Cold.

Last week I was side swiped and knocked down by the common cold. It came on slowly with a cough and then progressed into a full blown respiratory spectacle. I really hate getting a cold because not only do I feel physically awful from the symptoms, I usually feel very vulnerable and even the smallest of stresses can turn me into a blubbering idiot. Throw in a small splattering of guilt (Get off the couch it's just a cold. Others are suffering from much worse, how can you let a cold bother you??) and it's been a little rough. I couldn't even drag myself to my workouts. 

I did manage to finish some paintings in spite of having to put my brushes down constantly to reach for a tissue or sip my green tea.


Afternoon Debate  12x12x2  
Acrylic on canvas $350.


Electrical Storm  12x12x2
Acrylic on canvas  $350.

Feeling a little better today so I'm going to try to get out and enjoy some sun and human interaction. I know there are much more serious problems affecting humanity, but if they could could finally find a cure for the common cold it would be a good thing.