Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Neon.
















I've always had a fascination with neon. I think I first fell in love with it in the late 60's when my family used to drive down to Florida every winter. Even as a tween, I was very visual and the bright pops of color against the black of night was very exciting to me. Last year we took a trip to neon lovers heaven. Las Vegas. There was neon non stop 24 hours a day. Bright color some flashing wildly. Needless to say I took a lot of photographs. Here are just a few of my favorites.

Next time I'm in Vegas the Neon Museum is on my must see list. The Neon Museum was established in 1996 to collect, preserve and exhibit the old neon signs of Vegas, many from demolished hotels. They have pieces from the 1930's to present day. Most of the signs are exhibited in the boneyard and are pieces of old Vegas such as the Stardust and the Silver Slipper. Fremont Street is the place for neon lovers as you can see 10 refurbished signs in the area.