Friday, September 3, 2010

A Lazy Summer Weekend.

Snowdon Theatre 12x12 Acrylic on Canvas
sold

This painting says "end of summer" to me. I think it's because of the lighting and the hot colors. To me it says sunset at the end of a sweltering hot day, no people around, still and quiet.

So here we are Labor Day weekend, the unofficial end of summer. Back to school, back to work, back to routine and schedules. This weekend will be devoted to squeezing all I can out of summer. A few cocktails on the balcony watching the air show (a part of the Canadian National Exhibition) for sure.

I'm really looking forward to getting back into my routine here at home and in the studio and getting some of the inspiration I've soaked up over the last couple of months down onto paper and canvas. And I'm looking forward to the fall-my favorite time of year. Sunshine and changing leaves. Cool breezes. The fall has always been a time of new beginnings for me. In fact, I'll have to treat myself to a few new pencils and paints and sketchbooks. :-).

Any interesting plans for the weekend?? Enjoy!! See you next week.