Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday August 30-Already??

Good Monday morning!!! It's great to be back here at my little blog. It seems like I've been away for ever and here it is almost the end of summer. The past few weeks have been busy busy taking care of personal things, enjoying the HOT summer, still unpacking, making time for painting, a gallery show, and all things art related.

My newest series of cityscapes is well underway. Moving downtown and setting up studio space in our new condo has filled me with lots of new creative energy. I've gotten tons of inspiration walking the streets with my camera and taking shots of all the buildings and I've thoroughly enjoyed getting to know my Toronto.

You may remember I mentioned a surprise before I took a break, well now that all the details have been finalized I can spill the beans. I was contacted by an art curator and after meeting with him I'm happy to announce that I will have 30 of my paintings hanging in the offices of Odgers Berndston from January to April 2011. It's exciting and a little overwhelming when I think of it. So far I have 15 that I know for sure will be included in the collection, but I'll have to adhere to a strict painting schedule in the fall to meet the criteria of 30. These are large works too, 36x48 40x40 48x48 and 48x60 .I'm also working on 2 commissions in the coming month. Time to put on a large pot of coffee and get started.

Whatever you're up to today, have a great one!!!