Thursday, July 8, 2010

Summer Reading.

On the wall in the children's department at Indigo in the Eaton Centre.


A great selection of 60's themed books.

My magazine picks for today.

There is no better place to visit than your local bookstore. I can spend a good chunk of time enjoying a latte and looking through the books and magazines anytime, but especially in a heat wave like we're experiencing in Toronto and on the east coast. This morning I braved the already hot and muggy temperatures and walked to the Indigo in the Eaton Centre to spend some time and pick up a few magazines. When E was little we spent lots of time in our local Mable's Fables and later at Indigo. A perfect place to keep kids busy with the play tables and story time. When we go to the U.S. our trip is not complete until I visit Barnes and Noble. Friend and blogger extrordinaire Gabriela Delworth shared some exciting news about a project she has going with Barnes and Noble here.

Today I controlled myself and only picked up 3 magazines. Two artsy ones and one for a little light summer reading. I must admit I'm not a big reader of books these days. I sometimes feel guilty allowing myself the time it takes to read through a book when my time is so limited, I feel I should be working or something. This summer will be different though as I've picked out a few books that I'll allow myself to finish. They are Almost French by Sarah Turnbull, The Yellow House by Martin Gayford, and The Nasty Bits by Anthony Bourdain. So how about you? What's on your list for must read books this summer? Please feel free to share your picks us.

Just so you know, I have no affiliation with any books or booksellers mentioned in my post. :-)