Monday, May 10, 2010

CHANGE.

It's a word that's been on my mind for the last few weeks. Change. To transform or convert. To modify or alter. To remove or replace. To pass gradually into. My little world is changing so very quickly these days. A relative has passed and so we're attending a funeral soon. We are in the process of moving so my "home" is changing. Two friends have gone through break-ups. Another friend is moving far away. My little boy has grown into an adult. My parents are growing older. I'm changing as I write this. Why are we so afraid of change? As a child I was taught to embrace change. To think of change as a new adventure. To roll with the punches. I suppose it's the not knowing what the future holds that makes it scary sometimes. Not changing and sticking with what you know is probably safe but then new opportunities and adventures can just pass you by.

Without accepting the fact that everything changes, we cannot find perfect composure. But unfortunately, although it is true, it is difficult for us to accept it. Because we cannot accept the truth of transience, we suffer. ~Shunryu Suzuki

Change. I think I'll embrace it. How about you???