Monday, May 17, 2010

Checking In.


I sat down here with my laptop while waiting for paint to dry so I can continue and paint another layer on top. As I sit here catching my breath and thinking of what to write, I realize that I have nothing really to say. It's been a crazy few days and I've been running on full speed. We were in Montreal over the weekend tying up ends and attending a funeral. Chatting with friends and family that we don't see often and wrapping and boxing items. It was rather surreal and sad at the same time. I know it's the cycle of life and death and we all move on, so I put my memories close to my heart and carry on as close to normal as possible.

I'm attempting to get in to the studio as often as I can these days but the interruptions continue. The landlord has to show our apartment and so I'm forced to stop and tidy up at the worst times (like I've just mixed up all this paint and about to get it on the canvas and the phone rings). So I stop, tidy as fast as I can and the phone rings again, appointment cancelled. Back to painting and then in a while the phone rings again and I'm back to tidying. Smiling and trying not to freak out too much.

29 days until we take possession of our new condo. 35 days until I need all the paintings finished and varnished. 44 days until we move. 44 days until I have to deliver paintings to the gallery. 47 days until the opening reception. Yikes!! It's back to work for me!!