Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Distractions, Distractions.


Pidgeons 6x6 Mixed Media on Board
Sold Thank You

It's been three days of distractions in my studio and I've not been as productive in my painting as I'd like to be. There are so many things that need to be done that are part of being an artist and running an art business besides the actual painting.

There's the inspiration and creativity. For me, it sort of just happens and when there's a "lull" in this department I start to get worried. Then there's the studio part, the preparation of canvases and getting the ideas down. Varnishing, photographing, listing. and then there's the business part of it. Arranging shows and venues to sell the work, dealing with galleries, managing my on line shop and networking.

It's the networking that has taken me away from the easel this week. I just can't seem to get away from this computer and blogs. I've discovered many new blogs this week and as much as I enjoy reading and sharing it's begun to keep me away from the job at hand. I'll be painting and I'll hear that "bing" that means I have mail. This is how the conversation with myself goes.

"I'll just check it, it might be really important. Hmmm, not the email I was waiting for but since I'm here I'll just check my Google Reader" and then when I resurface I realize the paint has dried on my brush, so I pull myself away and get back to the painting. And so here I am again as I really wanted to get a post done today. Maybe I'll just close this laptop up for awhile and focus! And I'll post a "link love" post soon and share my new faves with you.