Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend Round-up, Mixed Media Monday.





Hi. I hope your weekend was enjoyable. I did a little bit of everything. Shopping, cleaning, chores, painting, and a little relaxing too. I even managed to get in a little baking. I don't bake very much in the summer but when the temperature cools I like to bake some treats now and then. So far this fall I've made 2 plum tarts an apple pie and some pumpkin muffins from a recipe I found over on Heather's blog. Yum!! They were a big hit here. Sometime this week I'll try my hand at making date squares.

Continuing from last week I've spent most of today working in mixed media on Jill's book. It's part of Inner Works, an altered book round robin that I've been involved with since the beginning of this year. Here's a sneak peek at a few of the pages. I think I'm just about done just a few more things to add. I'll be receiving my book soon and will share the wonderful work that's been added by Seth, Jill, Roxanne, Veronica, and Supria.

I've also enjoyed exploring Caterina's blog (new to me) La Dolce Vita. Her mixed media work is fabulous, the bird songs are very soothing-and the cats love it!