Thursday, September 10, 2009

Art Interiors and Style at Home

Spring's Promise
Acrylic on Canvas 30x40, Sold.
As seen in Style at Home Magazine, October 2007

Birch Series II
Acrylic on Canvas 12x36

I dropped off 4 new paintings in my Birch Series to Art Interiors yesterday. I've noticed how these new smaller panels have evolved from the larger original painting seen above in a past issue of Style at Home Magazine. I've added more texture to these pieces and they have a much more abstract feel to them. It's through Art Interiors that I've been fortunate enough to have my work included in Style at Home Magazine 3 times, including the cover. Thank you Art Interiors and Style at Home. Major gratitude here!!

And yesterday I was re-introduced to Style at Home Magazine's online version. (Thanks Natalie!!) These Are A Few of My Favourite Things has been added to my daily must read blogs. Yes, I've visited the site many times before but couldn't take the time to really get into it. Besides, one of MY favourite things is taking a break from my studio and heading to my nearest Indigo. I purchase the newest issue of Style at Home Magazine and my usual latte from Starbucks and spend a good hour or so flipping through the pages. There's so much in every issue and the eye candy is the best. So now it looks like I'll be curling up with my laptop and and catching up with Style at Home online as well. I think I'll enter the makeover contest going on right now. Check it out here. I'd love to win a $2000 gift card from The Home Depot. OK, so now I'm visualizing how my studio would look after a makeover. I'm thinking built ins on one wall and my own sink so I wouldn't have to use our kitchen sink. New lighting. New storage, new flooring, hmmmmmmm......