Friday, September 18, 2009

An Artist's Life.

Downtown Acrylic on Canvas 18x18

Oh my, I've certainly been neglecting this little blog of mine this week. It's just been one thing after another and I haven't been able to get to it. I've been in the studio painting. Forcing myself to get to the easel and start new paintings. Perhaps it's with the change in season but working at home has been tough this week. I keep finding things that seem more urgent than painting. Laundry, cleaning, organizing, purging old magazines etc. Things that get done anyway but seem more important now. I guess I'm starting to "comfy" up the place for colder days on the way.

I have 4 new landscapes on the go and have just started some new "urban" landscapes. Above is Downtown, finished earlier this summer. Have been working on new "smalls" as well. Updated my Etsy shop with 6x6 landscapes. You can also see smaller landscapes here at Artstream Gallery and Studios. The to do list keeps getting longer. Many projects on the go at once. I'll also be working on my last book in the Inner Works round robin altered book project.

It's going to be a beautiful weekend here in TO. Sunny and cool. Perfect weather to go and check out the Queen West Art Crawl. I've got friends exhibiting. And I might even get into some baking. I've been wanting to try a recipe (I'm not the best baker!) for a plum tart. What are your plans for the weekend?