Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Style at Home Magazine-February Issue.


I'm on the cover!!! Well not me exactly, one of my paintings. I got an email from Anne before the holidays letting me know. As she's a subscriber, she gets her issues in advance. Well it finally hit the stands and I ran out to get myself a copy. The painting is "Spring Birch Forest" 6"x12" acrylic on canvas, and was provided to the designer and her clients by Art Interiors. This issue is all about accessories-how to style like a pro. I really like how the painting is just propped up on the bookshelf unframed,very casually. Style at Home's design editor Christine Hanlon has some great tips for accessorizing with art.

Hang unframed art
Create an art wall
Frame pieces yourself
Choose something that's not flat
Don't hang art too high