Wednesday, August 26, 2009

RedBanana's Shop on Etsy

Summer Birches 4x4 Acrylic on Canvas
Click here to purchase

Yellow Flowers 3x5 Acrylic on Canvas
Click here to purchase

Birds on a Line 4x4 Acrylic on Canvas
Click here to purchase

My poor little Etsy shop has been feeling some what neglected these past few months but all that is about to change. I've been painting lots of little daily Paintings, or as I like to call them "smalls" and will be listing them regularly into the shop. My aim is to have my shop all spruced up and ready to go for the holiday season. Yes, it's just around the corner. In fact, I saw Christmas trees and gift baskets at Costco last week.

Daily paintings, smalls, or minitures, whatever you like to call them are very hot these days. They can be very affordable so for those that prefer owning original art as opposed to posters or prints this is possible. And they are very easy to incorporate into any setting, even when wall space is limited. I like to display them on bookshelves. You may remember this post about one of my small birch paintings shown in Style at Home magazine. The article was all about accesorizing and the painting was displayed in a bookcase. It's very easy and and affordable to own original art these days as there are plenty of art shows, tours, gallery walks and art and craft specialty shops in every city. One of my favorite shows in Toronto is the annual Festival of Smalls at Art Interiors. This show has become extremely popular over the years and I'm very happy to be a part of it every year. I've already started painting new work for this show.