Friday, June 5, 2009

"Metamorphosis" Opening Reception






Thank you to all that came out to our opening reception last night at Leonardo Gallery. It was a busy evening starting with not one but two Yorkville art gallery walks. I wish I had my camera handy during the walks as it was a great turn out. The Yorkville art walk is a great opportunity to enjoy the many galleries throughout the Yorkville neighbourhood in Toronto. People meet with the tour guides at a Yorkville location and then walk to ten different galleries to view and consider a wide range of art. After being cooped up in my studio for so long producing the new work, it was fun to give my little artists talk and then to answer the many questions that came my way. Anne Barkley and I had been hoping to have an opportunity to show together for quite awhile now and "Metamorphosis" became a reality last night. Above are a few photos of our paintings hanging, old friends, and Anne and I at the end of the night.