Monday, June 1, 2009

A Blast from the Past

Me/Boy George-Halloween 1983

Moi with my BFF

Friends 80's Style

Want a good laugh? Check out these photos I pulled from the vault today. I'm in the midst of working on Veronica's book titled "Testament of Friendship" for our altered book collaborative. I immediately went for a trip down memory lane. The early 80's were a great time for me as I was in my 20's, had plenty of friends, was attending art college, and working part time in retail-selling records. As far as I was concerned, I was an artist and working in the music industry! LOL Days were spent in class and at the store, back at the apartment I shared with my best friend, and out most nights dancing at some club. Who needed sleep? Many years later my friends have all moved away. Some have families and some haven't changed much. I'll be using some of the photos that I found today in my mixed media pages in Veronica's book and I'll be remembering the good ol' days. Oh to be young and foolish again. If you'd like to learn more about our round robin altered book collaborative and meet the other artists involved in our group, please visit our blog Inner Works.