Monday, May 11, 2009

What's for Lunch??

Hi and happy Monday. With all the prep done for an upcoming show, I spent the morning straightening up the studio and organizing my long "to do" list for the week. I sent off an image list and all the images to the gallery, got caught up with emails and started preparations for another gallery show in August. All this and three loads of laundry before lunch-it's great to be able to take care of household chores while working on my biz-one of the perks of having a studio at home. I was craving something really healthy for lunch today so I threw together a little salad with my famous Miso dressing and enjoyed it with two Yves veggie burgers (no bun!). Yes that's a generous squeeze of wasabi-I think it goes great with the veggie burgers. The salad part is easy. I used chopped romaine lettuce, green onions, cucumber and carrots sliced on a mandolin, and lots of fresh mung bean sprouts. Sprinkle with raw sesame, sunflower and pumpkin seeds for extra crunch. Here'smy recipe for the Miso dressing.
1 tbls. rice wine vinegar
1 tbls. extra virgin olive oil
1 tbls toasted sesame oil
1 tbls. organic miso paste
1/4 packet stevia sweetener, or pinch of sugar
pinch salt and pepper (to taste)

wisk all ingredients together and toss with salad. This dressing is enough for one large salad, enough for two to enjoy.

Now it's back to work for me. What did you have for lunch today???