Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Recyle, Re-use, Make Art



The cats are going crazy as they usually do when I bring home something exciting. I popped out this morning to meet an artist friend-my sister, for coffee. Eva's website and blog are under construction, but you can see a few examples of her work and a bio here. She's also part of Art Interiors roster of artists. It's great to get together with her weekly and chat about all things art. We bounce ideas off each other, motivate and inspire each other and yes sometimes just bitch about stuff. I stopped by her studio after and received a great big pile of papers. Beautiful natural Japanese papers, tissue, printed and plain, textured paper, and a delightful pile of ephemera that she no longer has use for. A collage artists dream and much needed here for the new series of paintings that I've been working on for this show. And I'm sure I'll be up a few nights working on hand made collaged cards that I'll be selling here. Thanks again Eva. I'm now full of ideas to get some new work started. So now I'm off to sort them by color. Actually, today was the perfect day to receive a beautiful pile of recycled paper that I'll be reusing in some art. Happy Earth Day!

p.s. I took my own Starbucks travel mug with me today and will be taking it with me from now on.