Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Studio Sneak Peek

detail of a mixed media painting

A work in progress

Another painting in progress

Varnished, drying in the kitchen

Here's a look at what my studio looks like and will probably look like for the next few weeks. I'm in full swing getting ready for upcoming shows. The paintings seen here in my sneak peek are for the Leonardo Gallery show in June. I've got paintings in various stages spread out and on the go. The cats are going crazy. It doesn't help that everyday at 3 pm when the sun streams in the window, they insist on laying in the sun beams, right underfoot of course!! So then I stop painting, brew a coffee and get on to other non painting activities that must be done. I've got to keep focused on the tasks at hand. Last week, I found myself being lured away from my easel too often thanks to Twitter. I did find a new friend in Dr. Lissa Rankin. Check out her blog Owning Pink. Her blog is a must read or my girlfriends everywhere!! I also got some great news last Friday when I realized I was a winner in another giveaway. I was one of 5 lucky winners in the Creative Impulse giveaway from Stampington & Company. A great way to end the week. I've got a couple of surprises planned for later in the week so please stay tuned.