Friday, April 17, 2009

Inspire Me Mood Board




Here it is. My newly designed mood board. I had an easy time putting this one together as I had a lot of the items already gathered together in a pile on my work table, ready to assemble. I've been collecting the items for a new mood board for many weeks now. On it I have pages from paint color brochures, and paint chips-all in colors that are inspiring me lately. Neutrals in browns and taupes and creams, as well as the cool blues and greens of spring. And of course my favorite of the moment, a hit of lime green. I've included pages torn from an Anthropologie catalogue, and other assorted home decor mags. Two color sheets that I tore from my journal, paper I made with a damask stamp, a ginko leaf stencil I made, and even a 4x4 mixed media canvas-"Fly" that inspires me. And of course I always have my favorite button "art matters" on my board. So these are the things that are inspiring me lately. Color and texture. What's inspiring you? Thanks Gabriela for hosting this Mood Board Party. Check out Gabriela's blog tomorrow to see all that participated and the inspiring mood boards that were created.