Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Untitled

Late Summer 24x30 SOLD

I have a gallery show coming up in June that I should be working towards. So why have I been doing everything but this?? I've organized my file folders. Straightened up my work desk. Gone through my selection of paints and have written down what colors I have to purchase tomorrow. I've even painted four new paintings, landscapes, that will not be in this show. Am I procrastinating for some reason? I enjoy working on mixed media paintings and those are what will be in the "Metamorphosis" show this summer. I think it has to do with focus. There are so many projects on my "to do" list at the moment that I'm finding it hard to focus. I've been jumping from one thing to the next. Supria's book, from our altered book round robin collaborative-Inner Works, has been sitting on my table waiting for me to work in it's pages. My galleries are waiting for fresh new work from me. Pressure, panic Time to stop, take a deep breath and prioritize. For now, it's time for me to finish writing this post, clean up the studio from todays work, write a few emails and get our dinner started. Ciao for now.