Friday, March 27, 2009

A Beautiful Friday

Spring Birch Forest II
36x36

Today has been one of those days where everything that was frustrating me earlier in the week, comes together nicely. I started 5 different paintings on Monday as I like to work on a few at a time. Especially larger paintings. I've managed to completely finish 3 of them and only have to add some minor details to the other 2. The above painting is Spring Birch Forest II. I really enjoyed painting this piece as this shade of blue and green together just screams "spring" to me. I use a palette knife to paint the birches which I normally don't use in my landscapes. This shakes it up a bit and keeps things from getting boring as I work along, after all, I am trying to "step out of the box" as much as I can these days. Would you like one for your collection? I happily do commissions. Drop me an email. Prefer to deal with a gallery instead/ (and many people do) contact Art Interiors. I think they still have a painting or two in my birch series.

Supria and I got a very nice mention in "Staff Picks" in the spring issue of Agenda, VAO's magazine for it's members. It seems that we were picked as faves around the office for making fantastic use of our skills gained through their online marketing seminar. Our blogs and Etsy shops, Facebook, Twitter. Imagine me, the techno phobe! The Inner Works Collaborative also got a nice mention. Thanks Kim, Avril and everyone at Visual Arts Ontario.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.Cheers!