Friday, January 23, 2009

Coloring Outside the Lines



I've decided that this year I'll be stepping out of the box when it comes to my artwork. I'll be drawing and painting outside of the lines so to speak. And what better time to do such a thing. Change is in the air. It's a new day and a new year. Now don't get me wrong. I still love painting landscapes and for those galleries and clients that only want landscapes from me, I'll still be providing you with them. But my interest and passion for mixed media has been bubbling over and I can no longer contain it. Working on the altered book project with Inner Works has certainly helped fuel this passion for mixed media. Looking towards the future, I'll be part of a duo show with artist Anne Barkley at Leonardo Gallery this summer. We have both changed things up in our painting and will be debuting new works in "Metamorphosis" June 4-July 17. I'll post more details as they become available. Above is a small preview of some new work that might make it into the show. I've been fascinated with bird imagery for a while now and have been incorporating them into my paintings. I've also used some gel transfers, photo transfers and collage here.