Thursday, January 15, 2009

Altered Book Project


I just realized that it's been a week since my last post here. The last few days have been a blur. It's not that I haven't been busy, I have been. I think I have a bad case of January-itis. It's not helping that we are in the midst of a deep freeze and I've been trying to paint with 4 layers of clothing on. Even with the heat up, the studio part of our apartment is still cold as it sits atop a garage. I'm craving warm temperatures and sea breezes. I've been working on my altered book project "Gift From the Sea" and it's just making me crave the ocean even more. Here's a sneak peak. A teaser. Very different from my usual work but that's the point. This year will be about stepping out of the box and trying different themes and techniques with my art. Keeping things fresh and new. I'm also working towards applying to the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition this year. I haven't decided yet which catagory I'll be applying to. Mixed media or painting. I've got 2 totally different bodies of work to apply with so I just have to make a decision. Either way it's a tough show to get into with such large numbers applying.