Thursday, October 23, 2008

Busy Busy Busy


This week has been crazy so far. It's a busy time of year with lots to do and we have family visiting from New York as well. I've been working on so many projects at once. Painting small works, 2 large paintings for a group show in November, mixed media pieces for a publisher (more about that later!) and a commission as well. It's been a challenge at times trying to stay focused with so much happening all at once. Right now, I'm working on listing all the items for my shop. The above is "Bliss" an 8x10 acrylic on a stretched canvas. I've also added a new section to my Etsy shop. The "Holiday Collection". These are very affordable, original works of art that are ready for framing or wrapping and giving as gifts. Original art makes a great gift!! But then you've heard me say that before. With all that's going on with the economy (I know, I know, enough already!) I'm making sure that I'll have artwork at every price point available.

I've always been one to look for sales, make gifts myself, or purchase from small indie stores, artists and craft shows. How about you?? Will you be changing your holiday spending habits this year???