Thursday, October 30, 2008

Business as Ususal.

I haven't been around for a couple of days. I wish I could tell you that I won the lottery and have packed up my family to travel the world for the next few years. Paris, London, Dubai, Sydney, Thailand... Or better yet, that I've been discovered as the next new "hot" artist and must move to New York to start showing in galleries and hang out with "A" listers. I wish I could tell you these things but I can't. It's been business as usual here. I've been plugging away at "being an artist" and running my business and trying to stay optimistic in these oh so pessimistic times. I've been finishing up and delivering paintings. I've been photographing and listing items for my shop. I'm at a crossroads of sorts and have been struggling with my next steps. I'm a member of the Artists Network of Riverdale, and so today I dropped in to the Hangman Gallery and had a wonderful discussion about "things". Thanks March for taking so much time speaking with me. You pointed out a few things that I already knew in my heart, but hearing it from you made me realize what I have to do. You helped me to remember that I am in charge and I call the shots.

I know I've posted the above picture before, but it makes me happy so it's here again. "Black Crows" 12x12 Acrylic on Canvas. This particular painting is sold but I have many new paintings in my bird series available at Art Interiors and Arts on King in Toronto. Sorry there's no link available as they don't have a website. Available next week in my Etsy shop.