Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Original Art Makes a Great Gift

It's been a busy couple of days here in my studio. The table is covered with paints, stamps, all kinds of hand made collage papers that I've made, stencils, and ephemera. The cats are going crazy with all the sounds of tearing paper. I've been creating new items for my Etsy shop.

With the Holiday season fast approaching, I'll be listing all sorts of affordable original artworks, perfect for gift giving. Here's a sneak peak. "Black Paisley" an original art card. A trendy black and white illustration on the front, it's acrylic on canvas. The inside is blank so that you can write your own message. It comes with a matching envelope, sealed in a clear bag.

I've also been creating ACEO's. ACEO stands for Art Cards Editions and Originals, and they're all the rage. There is only one rule to these miniature art pieces and that is they must measure 2.5 x 3.5 the size of a standard playing card. They will be in the shop soon. I'll be listing new items regularly so check back often!!!

And just a reminder, my October giveaway will be announced next Monday. I'll post a picture of the item that I'm featuring this month and by leaving me a comment, you'll be eligible for the draw.