Saturday, August 16, 2008

A few more Vacation Photos

We took a drive one morning and discovered the Tiny Marsh. It was a beautiful walk and we all took some great photos. The sounds of all the different birds chirping was amazing. Much different than the traffic I hear all day in the city.

There were plenty of water lilies to be seen. This shot reminds me of the beautiful paintings by fellow Canadian artist Sheila Davis.

What a strange and lovely nest. Or is it installation art???

A gorgeous sunset to end a perfect week. It was great to be away and great to be back home again. I am spoiled. I'm the first to admit that. I missed all the comforts of home that I'm used to. A hot shower with adequate pressure. A comfy queen sized bed with pillow top. Cable television (yes, I am a TV addict!) and the world wide web!! I'm so grateful that we have the opportunity to get away every now and then but Dorothy said it best "There's no place like home."