Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Spring Break


I will be away from the blog for a week or so. It's time for some badly needed R&R. Some spring cleaning of the mind if you will. I am not quite sure which direction this blog is headed yet. I have been reading a lot of artist's blogs lately and some of them are just wonderful. Full of tips and techniques for other artists and wannabes or just a glimpse into what it's like being a full time professional artist. One that makes a living from their art. Others use it as a selling tool to sell work. There are "daily" painters at a few sites such ashttp://www.dailypaintworks.com/

One of my favourite artists here is Michael Naples. http://michaelnaples.blogspot.com/ His food looks good enough to eat. I especially love the cherries. These are little paintings (usually 6x6) that speak to me. Everyday things. Things around the house or outside your window.

I am feeling the need to get back to doing some smaller "daily" paintings as well as my larger landscapes. Perhaps this is the direction of my blog. For now I'll leave you with "Treeline". A 36x48 landscape that sold a few weeks ago.