Sunday, March 30, 2008

The importance of thinking and being green.

It seems only fitting that with yesterdays very successful Earth Hour that my first post back after my hiatus is about "the importance of thinking and being green". Did you participate last night? Are you taking steps everyday to help fight climate change and to be more environmentally friendly? I am a very proud Canadian today as Canada lead the world in Earth Hour. Baby steps yes, but a wonderful start. I remember having long discussions about the environment in high school. It's amazing to me how much our earth has changed in 30 years. I have been making more changes around the house and studio lately as well as upping my three R's-re-duce, re-use, re-cycle. I am very happy to be participating in the Art of Nature Show and Sale that is happening during the Green Living Show this month in Toronto. "Old Cottage Path" 36x60, $3800.00 is the painting that I've donated to this sale. 75% of the sale price will be donated to various environmental and conservation organizations such as WWF and the Nature Conservancy of Canada. Get more information here.