Thursday, June 12, 2014

After Cityline It's Back to Normal Or Is It?


Well a few months have passed since my art/design segment that I did with Sharon Grech aired on Cityline. The excitement has faded and things have gone back to normal around here. The living space and studio was staged beautifully and cleaned for 'shoot day' and looked absolutely wonderful. A page right out of a magazine. Then reality took over and it hasn't looked the same since.


With my gallery work, as well as the paintings and illustrations I do for posters, there has been a lot of creative chaos on a daily basis. The furniture gets moved out of the way, the dining table is now a work table and there are plenty of canvases in various stages of 'art' all over the place. And yes I get frustrated at the end of the day when I 'should' put things away and tidy up. I need a proper studio. A studio where I can spread out and get messy and not have to worry about putting things away at the end of the day. Until that day comes I'm thinking of moving into the spare room and painting there. Tis will mean working in the same room that now holds the kitty's litter boxes. Hmmmm, I'll keep you posted on how this works out.