Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Back to Work.


The weather is perfect today to start a new project. Humidity is gone and there's a great breeze happening so I can paint with the balcony door and windows wide open. This huge piece of canvas is for the Cityline segment that I'm working on. You can read how my 'dream project' came to reality here and here. When complete, it will be a one of a kind floor cloth.

In looking at this photo I kind of feel that I've bitten off more than I can chew at this point. The piece of canvas I'm working with is quite large, about 6'x7'. So far I've only used this painting technique on stretched canvas that was 4'x5'.

As the canvas is much larger and un-stretched I'll have to paint it on the floor. It will be a bit of a challenge painting it this way but I'm definitely up for that. I don't want to share too much of my process as I want to save it for the big reveal. Stay tuned.