Thursday, June 7, 2012

New Paintings.

It's time to share the other paintings that I completed in the last few weeks. There is definitely a theme going on here. I'm enjoying this new series very much. I think they'd fit well in an urban condo or loft, but fit just as easily in a summer home or larger cottage. Especially the flag (that's the proud Canadian in me!)

I start with small sketches and color roughs and then a small painting in acrylic. Then I decide which ones I like best and enlarge them onto a larger sized canvas. Then it gets really exciting. 

I spent a good part of yesterday riding the TTC and taking photos. I'll definitely be painting one of the subway themed paintings just for me, to frame and hang in our home. All paintings are available at Art Interiors.

 'It Was Her Regular Stop'  30x40x2 acrylic on canvas
SOLD


'The True North Strong and Free'  24x48  acrylic on canvas
SOLD