Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I'm Back.

Super Moon, the Beach, Toronto 2012

Hello. I'm back. (yay!!!) I've been away for so long. As keeping up with my blog was starting to stress me a little, it was a much needed break. After 427 blog posts I still refer to myself as an artist that writes a blog, not a blogger. I don't know why I've attached this label to myself but it's something I'm working on. For now, I needed to  immerse myself into my painting 100% and I'm happy to say I got SO much accomplished. I'll share pictures here soon, I'm just waiting to hear back from a gallery about them. 

'Change' has been a key word around here for the past few weeks. I've been deliberately changing many things. Shaking things up a bit. Changing a morning ritual, changing the food I'm eating, working out in a different manner than I was used to. It's funny how even the smallest changes can make such a huge difference. I used to paint with the television on. It's a habit I got into a few years ago, to have the TV on while I painted, listening to some talk show, or foodie show, or the odd soap opera (gasp!!) Well a couple of weeks ago I decided 'no more'. Now I'm listening to assorted 'internet' radio, Crooze FM and Martini in the Morning are just a couple of my faves, and I throw in some inspiring podcasts as well. These small changes have made me so much happier.

I've also embraced color. Not only in my painting but also in my wardrobe. Don't get me wrong, I'll always like black and gray but I'm craving some serious color in my life right now. 

Have been enjoying the summer weather we've been getting so early. I'm so ready for long hazy days, trips to the beach and the laid back feel that comes with this time of year. But for now it's back to my studio. There are some new projects on the go that are calling me.