Thursday, October 13, 2011

For the Love of the Landscape.

When I put my brush to canvas I want to convey something beautiful. 

Dusk, Late Summer 36x48
sold
 No matter what subject matter I choose, I tend to zone right in on the peaceful and serene. 

 Evening, Late Summer 24x30
sold
 I have always loved to paint the landscape because I am so moved by what nature has to offer.


 Canadian Impression 24x30
sold
  When I need inspiration I almost always turn to the natural.

First Snow 36x48
sold
My landscapes are a combination of what I have seen and what I would like to see. 

Summer Fields 24x30
sold
 Some are area specific and some are purely my own creation.

 Trio 18x18
sold
I'm very moved by large open spaces. Big skies and open fields. A large expanse of empty beach.


 Sunset Path 36x48
sold
I am grateful that I live in an area that experiances the four seasons. Each season has something special to offer.


Storm Watch 36x60
sold
I now live in the heart of the city but within an hour or so, I can find myself on a country road with ample opportunity to find nature's beauty.


Cottage Road 48x60
sold 
Most of the landscapes that I've painted contain no people.

 Mountain Morning 48x60
sold
Some do contain signs of life. An old overgrown path, telephone poles, old fences.

Summer's Best 48x60
sold
I may paint different subject matter from time to time, cityscapes, still life, abstracts. And it's fun to dabble in mixed media and try new things. But the landscape will always be part of me as an artist. New landscapes are coming. Stay tuned.