Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Square Foot Show 2011.

It's that time of year again. Time for the 9th Annual Square Foot show. The original Square Foot show presented by AWOL Gallery, Toronto. This year the collectors/press gala is Friday August 5. Doors open at 7 pm. at Twist Gallery, 1100 Queen Street West. and the show runs until August 21st. You can get complete details here.

Every painting in the show is 12x12 (hence the name) and a set price of $225. This is a great time to get original affordable art by some well known and emerging artists.

This year it's all about the landscape and I've submitted 3 of them. Here's a preview.


sold-thank you


sold-thank you


I took a walk along Queen Street West yesterday to deliver the paintings to Awol Gallery, and enjoyed taking my time walking back. Window shopping all the trendy shops, I stopped at the window display of Kol Kid  (trendy and cute things for kids) when I spotted these adorable critters.

Marisa's blog was one of my first "blog crushes" when I started blogging and I still read Creative Thursday regularly. It was a nice surprise to see her lovely work here in Toronto, especially as Marisa is way over on the west coast. Check out Marisa's blog here.