Friday, April 8, 2011

Toronto's Graffiti Debate.



There is an ongoing debate in Toronto about graffiti and it's getting quite heated. I'm not going to get all political here but I find some graffiti very inspiring-especially the art murals around our city-check out Graffiti Alley off Queen Street West. According to our city's graffiti bylaw graffiti is defined as

"One or more letters, symbols, figures, etching, scratches, inscriptions, stains, or other markings that disfigure or deface a structure or thing, howsoever made or otherwise affixed on the structure or thing, but, for greater certainty, does not include an art mural".


So I saw this walking home from the gym today and according to this description it is definitely graffiti and will have to be removed at the owners expense. 


I just love the message and it made me smile.