Friday, April 15, 2011

Painting and Home Decor.

Are you planning any home renovations or DIY projects in the near future?? Spring is the perfect time to clean and freshen up our living spaces, and very soon I'll be painting the master bedroom. I'm having a hard time choosing a color, and woul'd love to hire a professional to help with that and some other changes I have planned, but it's just not in the budget this year. Here are a couple of 'before' photos. The wall color (from the previous owner) is a shade of taupe that's a bit too pink for my taste. I'll probably go with a warm grey that will complement the concrete ceiling. Of course I'll be posting the 'after' photos for you.




I can't help myself when I'm near paint color swatches. I just have to make collections of the colors that are inspiring me lately. I call this grouping 'Vegas Desert'


A grouping of some CIL greys that are in the running. Not sure if I'll end up choosing one of these, I've been changing my mind almost daily.


Style at Home and Beauti-Tone have a gorgeous paint collection that I've been admiring lately. Seen here at the Style at Home booth at this year's IDS show. Photo courtesy of Style at Home.


This is the Fresh palette from the Style at Home- Beauti-Tone brochure. Love the cool greens and blues here. I've been using shades of these colors in my paintings lately.


The Loft palette. Very sophisticated greys and blues. So urban and downtown.