Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March First at Last, Welcome Spring.


 Magnolias  24x48
Acrylic on canvas
$1900.


Magnolia Blooms  12x48
Acrylic on canvas
$950.


First Blooms  12x36x2
Acrylic on canvas
sold-thank you


Spring Blooms  12x36x2
Acrylic on canvas
$750.

I've been craving spring in a big way and it definitely shows in the paintings I've been doing lately. These florals that I've added to my "blossoms and blooms" series were so much fun to do. They are light and airy and just so soothing to me. Like a breath of fresh air, and I did have the studio windows wide open as I painted them. One of the perks of having a south west exposure, I get lots of sunlight streaming into the studio.

These are all painted on canvas that I prepared with acrylic modeling paste. This gives the canvas a beautiful texture and I like the way the paint fills into the little nooks and crannies. It creates wonderful dimension. The top two paintings are going to make their way to Art Interiors later this week and the bottom two I will have with me when I exhibit at the Kingsway-Lambton United Church  Art show and Sale in April. If you have any questions about these new paintings or any of my work feel free to drop me an email. Also, I am now once again taking commissions.