Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Studio Bits and Some Link Love.

Here's the view on my right while I'm painting in my studio. I have my easel set up so that the big windows are on my right side and behind me. This way I can maximize the light I get. It was a nice surprise to wake up one morning to see the yellow flowers smiling at me.

Looking southwest from the balcony. There's a lot of building going on in the area right now. Mostly condos. I love to sit out here most nights and watch the sunset and later the stars and the moon. Thursday-Friday nights can be wild as there are many restaurants and clubs, after all this is the entertainment district. I've seen quite a few Snooki types. The people watching is amazing.

My festive brush container.

I've printed out many of my photos and the urban landscapes series was born. This is my work table at the end of the day. I've started to paint some smaller cityscapes. My goal is to paint 100 of them for.... more on this later.


It's been too long since I shared any links with you, so I'd like to share links of four amazing artists, all women, I've met through the internet. Each has their own unique style and are making their way in this world with their art.