Monday, July 5, 2010

Thoughts for a Monday.






Thanks to all that made it out to my opening at Arts on Queen on Saturday. It was great to see you and chat about my work. Here are a few shots I took before it got too busy. For those those that couldn't join me, my paintings will be up until July 31st.

So here we are, another Monday upon us. The unpacking of boxes is taking much longer than I expected and has me frustrated. Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful for the fact that we were able to purchase this beautiful "dream" condo. I'm very fortunate for sure, but the moving and all that comes with it really did a number on my head. All kinds of emotions have been popping up from out of no where it seems. I guess that's why those reality television shows are so popular. You know the ones where people are forced to part with their mountains of stuff and clean and organize their lives. The cameras follow them through the process and you can watch them cry and scream in frustration, issues and emotions buried years before coming to the surface. For me it's more of that feeling you got as a child the day after Christmas. The toys have all been unwrapped and played with and there's an emptiness in the pit of your stomach. Now What???

I feel like that. I've been concentrating on two major events for the last few months and now they're over. The move is over. My show is hung, reception over. Now what??? I suppose I feel like every other "creative" out there and I'll be spending the next little while figuring out what's next with my painting. A new series, the next show, pimping my poor neglegted shop. Embarking on a new adventure is exciting and a little stressful too. For now I'll just continue to unpack. I'm just about done setting up the studio although I'm not sure if I'm ready to share a photo just yet. Soon, I promise.