Monday, March 1, 2010

Hello March.


Magnolia Buds 12x24 Acrylic on Canvas
Sold

So here we are, its Monday and the first day of March. I'm thinking spring. Longer warmer days, flowers breaking through the last traces of snow. The promise of spring so beautiful. It's just around the corner. Really.

And it can't come soon enough for me. January and February were tough months this year. There were personal issues to deal with and work through and the long quiet hours I spend in my studio (which I usually revel in) left me feeling alone and isolated. We also experienced a death in the family with the passing of my husband's mother. Zina was a kind and caring woman and as far as mother in laws go, she was the absolute best.

So this first day of March is a new beginning of sorts and I'm jumping right in with optimism. Carpe Diem. I've got some serious studio time scheduled as it's time to get new work into my galleries. I also have a couple of exciting meetings planned and of course my weekly coffee date with my sister.

My good friend artist Lynn Kelly is exhibiting at the Artist Project this week and I'll be helping her with some booth sitting this Friday. You may remember a post I wrote about her art installation here. There are wonderful artists doing this show so if you're in Toronto you should really check it out.