Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Happy Thursday.

"Golden Flowers" 30x40 Acrylic on Canvas

It's been awhile since I posted new work here on my blog, especially a landscape. I just finished this (literally) and photographed it so I could share it with you. I prepared the canvas before we went away and I had some idea of how I wanted the finished painting to look. I had a rough background painted in, mostly the dark undertones and the sky. I wanted to finish this painting today so after getting started I made a point of "no distractions" and kept away from the computer until now. Not quite sure if this one will go out to a gallery or if I'll save it for an upcoming landscape show later this spring.

I had a nice surprise even before I got into the studio today. I made a point of tuning into Cityline while having my coffee as I knew that Kimberley Seldon and Brian Gluckstein were the days guests. I usually set the PVR to record and I'm really glad that I did because I spotted one of my paintings hanging in a gorgeous bathroom. Kimberley was doing a house tour of a traditional home she designed recently and there it was. "Chance of Showers" hanging on the most beautiful blossom wallpaper. Major gratitude here again to both Kimberley and Art Interiors, where the work was purchased. It always freaks me out a little when I see my work in a magazine or on the screen. Happy happy.