Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Checking In

Just popping in to say "Hi" as I'm still on a spring break of sorts. I've been getting lots done while I'm taking a little break from the computer here. I miss my blog writing (and reading) but needed to step away and get down and dirty. Spring cleaning is getting done as are a few DIY's that I'll be sharing with you soon.

I've been keeping up with my painting and new landscapes are getting finished almost daily. These will be heading out to a gallery soon but I'll be sure to post a few pics to share before they're gone. I also had a little time to play in the studio and came up with these two pieces. They're acrylic on paper and I've combined stamping techniques with my painting. Not very "springy" colors you say? You're right but these are very decor oriented so I've stuck with mostly neutrals.

I've been asked to show at Arts on Queen, in the Beach in Toronto again this summer (ooh, I'm excited about this!). I'll post the details as soon as I know. I'm already thinking of a show title but it shouldn't be too hard to come up with one as I'll be concentrating on new paintings of birches, blossoms and birds. That's a pretty good title right there.

One more thing before I get back to work. My friend Gabriela Delworth is teaching a Glam Tees Workshop this spring. She makes the most awesome custom t-shirts using fabric painting, photo transfers, embellishments, glitter, and my fave technique tie-dye. If you're in Toronto and are looking for a great workshop, I suggest you check out her blog here for details. I've taken Gabriela's workshops before and they are FUN!!

Be back soon. Ciao.