Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Autumn Colour Week-Play Along with Poppytalk

Trio 18x18 Acrylic on Canvas
sold

October Colours 36x48 Acrylic on Canvas
sold

Moonlight in October 36x48 Acrylic on Canvas
sold

I'm playing along with Poppytalk's Autumn Colour Week and today is Orange. For me orange is THE colour that is Autumn. It's everywhere from leaves to dried grasses to pumpkins. Just look around and you'll see it everywhere. It's such a warm and cozy colour, but it's a strong colour. Artist Kim Hambric uses the colour brilliantly in her quilts and mixed media pieces. This one's my favourite. I've shared with you three paintings where I've used orange as the main colour. These have all been sold but I do commision work and can create a painting for that perfect spot in your home or office. Feel free to drop me an email.