Monday, September 28, 2009

Autumn Colour Week-Play Along with Poppytalk


Quiet River 6x6 Acrylic on Canvas
available here at Artstream Studios

Summer Sheep 18x24 Acrylic on Canvas
sold

Peaceful Vista 24x30 Acrylic on Canvas
sold

Poppytalk is one of my favourite Canadian design blogs and is on my "must Read" blog list. This week is Autumn Colour week. I thought it would be fun to participate, so I'll be posting some of my work in the suggested colours. Today is yellow. Tuesday is green, Wednesday is Orange, Thursday is brown, and Friday is red. I've always found yellow to be so bright and in your face so it's not usually a colour I use often. It is very easy to use in paintings depicting late summer or early fall so it was a good choice for the above paintings. (I think). Why don't you play along. You can find Poppytalk's original post for Autumn Colour Week here.